Thoughtful and engaging evening around the Future of Food!
Food is essential to our survival. It's also an important part of our cultural identity as well as fundamental to our economies. But the challenges we face are complicated: the food industry is affected by, and affects, climate change, public health, social welfare, and politics. These converging issues present significant sustainability risks, but also great opportunities to business and many are succeeding by capitalizing on these emerging trends. During this event, we will hear from the experts and innovators who are redefining the landscape of the food world and reaping the rewards as a result. Join us for this cocktail evening to understand: what is at stake, what is the size of the prize and how is the business world reacting?
Confirmed Speakers & Topics
- Leah Birkby, Live Zero, on zero waste grocery shopping
- Jingyi Li Blank, Director, Mintz Group, on due diligence in the food supply chain and the role of money
- Dr. Ulrich Boettger, Director, BASF Hong Kong, on the science of tomorrow's food sustainability
- Sonalie Figueiras, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Green Queen, on eco-wellness
- Michelle Hong, Co-Founder, Rooftop Republic, on urban farming in Hong Kong
- Kary Lau, Program Manager, Food Angel by Bo Charity Foundation, on food rescue and food assistance
- Catherine Lesselin, Founder, New Luncher, on young people, food, and sustainable school lunches
- Prof. Daisy Tam Dic-Sze, Assistant Professor, Hong Kong Baptist University, on the ethics of food
- David Yeung, CEO at Green Monday, on the global food revolution and plant-based movement
- Sophie Le Clue, Director of Environment Programmes at the ADM Capital Foundation, on sustainable seafood
- Dr. Merrin Pearse, The Purpose Business (facilitator)